Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Raining Babies

Holy babies! It's raining babies, I swear! So my best friend had hers Thursday morning at 5:45 am. I must say, watching her go through the entire process-44 hours from moment of induction to birth, 25 hours of total active labor and 19 hours without an epidural, makes me rethink every complaint about not getting the "joy" of pushing a baby through my loins! She was a trooper. I was exhausted watching her so I can not imagine being her. On the next day, my very close friend in Tennessee (It's where I'm from-I live in Illinois now.) had a c-section at 10:00 am and feels great over all and is up and about like its nothing new! This is both of their first child. Then my wonderful friend gave birth to her 3rd child on the following Monday. Now she experienced maybe 6 hours worth of induction and labor. Crazy how different each person is. If I could pick and choose which one I would like to be, it would not be the crazy eyed woman wanting to cut that damn baby out of her!!!! lol, Although, her joy afterwards made it look SO worth it. After all this, this past weekend we went to my husbands coworkers child's 1 year old birthday. Now I LOVE LOVE LOVE kids birthday parties because I think I have more fun then the kids! But......this beautiful Bee themed birthday with balloons everywhere, party napkins, toys galore and even a large banner made specifically for her and surrounded by my husbands coworkers and their tiny babies or toddlers smiling so sweetly happen to be the moment where I temporarily reneged on my whole " I feel so at piece and know we will be fine" attitude. You know that moment where you smile on the outside but are biting your lip to keep from providing the crowd with an embarrassing "look at me, I'm so sad at this moment" moment. Ugh. Not the moment. So I went outside to "collect" myself. But I DID NOT cry! I was proud at myself for that at least! I don't even know what happened. I really felt good and like this will be a great break and I still do so I don't know where in the world that little monster came from. But, I'm back on track for feeling good so....onto another day and lots of joy for my friends with their new families. Weird.......yes I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment